Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My ideal 2D piece

When considering what my ideal 2D piece would be, I think it would have to be something that catches my eye.  It has to be something that really pops out.  It doesn't necessarily have to have color as long as it's speaks to me somehow.  I couldn't pick just one example so I'm sharing a couple of different vector styled ones.
The below image, by Jorge Enrique Villalobos Espinosa, is supposed to be music related, but when I look at it, I see a camera lens.  The colors really draw me in as does the appearance of the lens.  Perhaps my love for photo taking makes me see it this way. Plus it reminds me of a very neat tattoo!


The one below, also done by Jorge Enrique Villalobos Espinosa, also reminds me of a very elaborate tattoo.  This one is also music themed, but this time you can see the microphone in there and the speakers, the drums, beautiful swirls and shades of pink that really catch the eye.  Of course you have the blacks, whites, and greys that just all make this pop!




No comments:

Post a Comment